Friday, October 23, 2009

Gruyere and Self-Bribery

I have a weakness for cheese. Gruyere is one of my all time favorite cheeses. My God. It is tasty cheese. Since gym workouts can be unpleasant, I decided to bribe myself. With cheese. There was a brick of gruyere at home just waiting. Waiting for Sarah to come home, get out the cheese knife and go nuts. But, I agreed with myself that I could only have said cheese if I did 30 minutes on the stair stepper followed by two miles. It worked, but it is a little rough having vague cheese fantasies while watching the Food Network while trying to get into tip top shape. Actually, something is a little perverse about it, but I don't really care. I just finished my cheese. The workout is still fresh on my bones. The wine adds a little something. Mmmm. I am also going to have some ice cream. Why? Because I like ice cream. I have lost five pounds this month. It is not much in the grand scheme, but considering my reduced workout time, stress, and good strong diet that includes ice cream, wine, cheese, all manner of fresh baked goods, etc., I am doing pretty well. I think I will work out a little more, but continue my eating habits. Life is pretty good when there is cheese.....and Lactaid.

No comments: